- Paediasure Vanilla 200ml
- Additional Information
PaediaSure is suitable for the dietary management of children weighing 8-30kg with, or at risk of developing, disease-related malnutrition. PaediaSure provides 1.0kcal/ml and is available both as a 500ml Ready to Hang tube feed and as a 200ml oral nutritional supplement.
The milkshake style oral nutritional supplement is ready-to-drink and available in four flavours: banana, chocolate, strawberry and vanilla. It’s presented in a bottle with a straw for sipping and a peel-off seal for pouring. It’s best served chilled and can be frozen into cubes and lollipops. Chocolate flavour also tastes great when warmed and served as a hot drink – it should never be boiled however, as this can destroy some of the much-needed nutrients
One of the most crucial phases of a child’s growing years is 2 to 10 years of age. During this time, children undergo a significant increase in physical development and mental development.Fussy eating in children eating can lead to nutrition gaps which may affect their growth. Ideal growth and development happens only with adequate nutrition.
PaediaSure is a science-based nutritional supplement that provides complete, balanced nutrition for children from age 2 to 10 – those special years of rapid growth and mental development. When consumed in the right amounts, PaediaSure is scientifically formulated to provide 100% of the energy, vitamins and minerals, and a balance of protein, fats, and carbohydrates that children require for growth and health.
• Presented in 200 ml (201 kcal) bottles/tetrapaks*, 250 ml (252 kcal) cans and 500 ml (503 kcal) Ready to Hang (RTH) containers.
• All presentations are available in vanilla flavour. The 200 ml presentation is also available in banana, strawberry and chocolate flavours.
Food for Special Medical Purposes, for use under medical supervision. Suitable as a sole source of nutrition or as a nutritional supplement for patients who cannot or will not eat sufficient quantities of everyday food and drink to meet their nutritional requirements.
Nutritionally complete for vitamins and minerals in 889 ml for children aged 1-3 years, 1000 ml for children aged 4-6 years and 1250 ml for children aged 7-10 years (excluding electrolytes, calculated using the UK Reference Nutrient Intake for these age bands).
• Disease-related malnutrition
• Short bowel syndrome
• Bowel fistulae
• Intractable malabsorption
• Pre-operative preparation of patients who are malnourished
• Store unopened at room temperature.
• Ready for use. Open immediately prior to use.
• Shake well before use.
• Best served chilled. May also be served as warm drinks. Do not boil.
• Bottles will attach to all Abbott Nutrition giving sets.
• Once opened, unused product should be covered/resealed and stored in a refrigerator. Unused contents should be discarded after 24 hours.
Directions for tube feeding
• Ready for use.
• Administer at room temperature for tube feeding.
• The volume/flow rate should be adjusted to meet the patient’s nutritional needs and tolerance. This product has a low viscosity and will pass down a fine nasogastric tube.
• A Flexitainer enteral nutrition container may be used if decanting is necessary.
• For gravity feeding, the use of a Flexiflo gravity gavage set is recommended.
• An Abbott enteral feeding pump may be used in conjunction with the Abbott enteral feeding system where a more accurately controlled delivery of feed is indicated. An ambulatory system is available for use with the Companion ClearStar pump.
• In patients receiving some medications there may be a risk of drug nutrient interactions (e.g. warfarin and vitamin K). Careful prescribing and monitoring practices will serve to reduce the risk (please refer to pharmacist).
• Do not make any additions to the feed without consulting your pharmacist or dietitian.
• Many nutritional products contain sucrose and other sugars. It is important for patients who are taking supplements as sip feeds to observe good oral hygiene. It is suggested that patients consult with their dentist for further advice.
• When feeding to patients with dysphagia, please thicken the product as appropriate.
• Not for parenteral (intravenous) use.
• Do not use in children under 2 years of age. Use with caution in children under 10 years of age.
• Not for use in galactosaemia.
• Suitable for people with diabetes provided that routine glucose checks are performed.
Water, maltodextrin, sucrose, high oleic sunflower oil, milk protein isolate, soy oil, medium chain triglyceride (MCT) vegetable oil, sodium caseinate (milk protein), flavouring, sodium citrate, magnesium chloride, whey protein concentrate, emulsifiers: E322 (soy lecithin), E471, potassium chloride, potassium phosphate dibasic, potassium citrate, choline bitartrate, thickener: E415, tricalcium phosphate, vitamin C, m-inositol, taurine, ferrous sulphate, zinc sulphate, L-carnitine, citric acid, vitamin E, niacin, calcium pantothenate, copper sulphate, manganese sulphate, riboflavin (vitamin B2), thiamin (vitamin B1), vitamin A, vitamin B6, sodium fluoride, folic acid, potassium iodide, sodium molybdate, chromium chloride, sodium selenite, biotin, vitamin K, vitamin D, vitamin B12.
Note: all information based on vanilla flavour. Some minor differ- ences exist between flavours.
There are also the below products in the peadiasure range:
Oral nutritional supplements for younger children (8-30kg)
PaediaSure (vanilla, banana, chocolate, strawberry flavours)
PaediaSure Fibre (vanilla, banana, strawberry flavours)
PaediaSure Plus (vanilla, banana, strawberry, neutral flavours)
PaediaSure Plus Fibre (vanilla, strawberry, banana flavours)
PaediaSure Plus juce (very berry, apple flavours)
Tube feeds for younger children (8-30kg)
PaediaSure Fibre (500ml)
PaediaSure Plus (500ml)
PaediaSure Plus Fibre (500ml)
High energy infant formula from birth to 8kg
Similac High Energy (60ml, 200ml)
Perative (500ml, 1000ml)
Vital 1.5kcal (200ml, 1000ml)
PaediaSure Peptide (500ml tube feed and 200ml bottles – vanilla flavour)