- Ensure Shake Vanilla ( 7 x 57g)
- Other Information
Ensure Shake Vanilla ( 7 x 57g)
Ensure Shake is a powdered oral nutritional supplement for people with, or at risk of developing disease-related malnutrition. Ensure Shake is available in 4 tasty flavours - banana, chocolate, vanilla and strawberry - presented in 57 g sachets (7 per box). Each sachet, when made with 200ml whole milk, provides 389 kcal per serving and 17 g of protein. Ensure Shake comes in a variety of flavours.
Ensure Shake Flavours:
Ensure Shake is a Food for Special Medical Purposes, for use under medical supervision.
|Nutrition information||**when reconstituted with 200 ml whole milk|
Chocolate flavour is not suitable for Halal diets. Please note for vegetarian diets: Vitamin D is synthesised from cholesterol extracted from the grease in wool sheared from live sheep.
• In patients receiving some medications, there may be a risk of drug-nutrient interactions. Careful prescribing and monitoring practices will serve to reduce the risk (please refer to the pharmacist).
• Do not make any additions to the feed without consulting your pharmacist or dietitian.
• Many nutritional products contain sucrose and other sugars. It is important for patients who are taking supplements as sip feeds to observe good oral hygiene. It is suggested that patients consult with their dentist for further advice.
• When feeding to patients with dysphagia, please thicken the product as appropriate.
• Not for parenteral (intravenous) use.
• Do not use in children under 1 year of age. Use with caution in children under 6 years of age.
• Not for use in galactosaemia.
• Suitable for people with diabetes provided that routine glucose checks are performed.
Water, maltodextrin, corn syrup, sucrose, milk protein isolate, canola oil, calcium and sodium caseinates (milk protein), corn oil, soy protein isolate, flavouring, sodium citrate, potassium citrate, stabilisers: E460, E466, E418, emulsifier: E322 (soy lecithin), magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, magnesium phosphate, tricalcium phosphate, choline chloride, vitamin C, potassium phosphate, ferrous sulphate, zinc sulphate, vitamin E, niacin, citric acid, manganese sulphate, calcium pantothenate, copper sulphate, vitamin B6, thiamin (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin A, beta-carotene, folic acid, sodium molybdate, potassium iodide, chromium chloride, sodium selenite, vitamin K, biotin, vitamin D, vitamin B12
Note: All information based on vanilla flavour. Some minor differences exist between flavours.
|Product Name||Suitable for Kosher diets||Suitable for Halal diets||Suitable for vegetarians||Clinically lactose-free||Gluten free|
• Disease-related malnutrition
• Total gastrectomy
• Short bowel syndrome
• Bowel fistulae
• Intractable malabsorption
• Pre-operative preparation of patients who are malnourished
• Proven inflammatory bowel disease
Storage and Directions for use
• Store unopened at room temperature.
• Ready for use. Open immediately prior to use.
• Shake well before use.
• Best served chilled unless bolus feeding is indicated, in which case the product should be administered at room temperature.
• May also be served as warm drinks. Do not boil.
• Ensure Plus range bottles will attach to all Abbott Nutrition giving sets.
• Once opened, unused product should be resealed and stored in a refrigerator. Unused contents should be discarded after 24 hours.
• Date and time of opening can be recorded on the lid sticker.