- Ensure Plus Juce Strawberry (220ml)
- Additional Information
Ensure Plus Juce has 330 calories per 220ml bottle
Ensure Plus Juce is a high-energy, high protein, fat free juice-style nutritional drink, designed for people with involuntary weight loss, those who are recovering from illness or surgery or those people with an inability to digest fat. Ensure Plus Juce is available in 8 delicious flavours: apple, fruit punch, grapefruit, lemon and lime, orange, peach, pineapple and strawberry. Simply choose your favourite(s) above!
- Provides 1.5 calories per ml to help gain or maintain a healthy weight
- High protein for tissue maintenance and repair
- Fibre free for those people who are unable to tolerate dietary fibre
- Fat free for those people who require a reduced fat diet or who have a fat malabosorption
- Clinically lactose and gluten free
- Ready to drink
- Suitable as a supplement with meals or as a snack between meals
Ensure Plus Juice can be used for:
- Fat malabsorption or steatorrhoea
- Fat restriction
- Malignant disease
- Anorexia or poor appetite
- Disease related malnutrition
- Taste fatigue or aversion to milky drinks
Ensure Plus Juce is best served chilled and can be frozen into cubes and lollipops. The apple flavour tastes great when warmed and served as a hot drink, but be sure not to boil as this may affect the nutrient content. Ensure Plus Juce can also be added to lemonade, jelly, sparkling water, fruit juice and fruit punch to help boost the nutritional content.
Food for Special Medical Purposes, for use under medical supervision. Suitable as a nutritional supplement for patients who cannot or will not eat sufficient quantities of everyday food and drink to meet their nutritional requirements. Not suitable as a sole source of nutrition.
It is particularly suitable for patients who have taste aberrations or an aversion to ‘milky’ supplements.
Malnutrition and weight loss occurs when the body is not getting enough of the nutrients and vitamins it needs to stay healthy and it can develop if a person stops eating properly, cannot eat at all, or if the body needs more nutrients than normal (e.g. due to infection or disease). Malnutrition can occur from some of these condition/infections: Mental health condition/ Depression,Ulcerative colitis,Dementia,Vomiting / diarrhoea,Eating disorder / Anorexia nervosa/ Bulimia, Food Poisoning,Cancer/ Oncology,Cow’s Milk Allergy,Critical Care/ ICU,Cystic Fibrosis,Diabetes,Epilepsy,Failure to thrive/ Faltering growth, Kidney/ Renal Disease,Liver Disease/ Cirrhosis, Malabsorption/ Maldigestion,Malnutrition/Undernutrition, Pre & Post surgery, Respiratory Disease, Swallowing Problems, Dysphasia, Weight Loss in older adults, Would healing,Throat Reflux, Paediatric-Malnutrition, Gastrointestinal (GI) Intolerance, Stroke, Coma ,Bedsores, Phenylketonuria ,Digestive problems, and Dehydration. Malnutrition can have an impact on both physical and mental health; symptoms include weight loss, tiredness and a lack of energy.
Patients can overcome malnutrition and involentary weight loss or maintaining nutrients by consulting a nutritionist to determin the level of malnutrition. There are various way to overcome weightloss. These include nutritional food with additional nutrients, adding snacks to increase nutritional or energy intake, adding extra calories to food. Oral nutritional supplements (ONS) such as Ensure Plus can be a simple way to obtain extra nutrition. In some cases, additional or full nutrition may be given via a feeding tube.
|Product Name||Suitable for Kosher diets||Suitable for Halal diets||Suitable for vegetarians||Clinically lactose-free||Gluten free|
|Ensure Plus juce**||√||√||√||√||√|
• Total gastrectomy
• Short bowel syndrome
• Bowel fistulae
• Intractable malabsorption
• Pre-operative preparation of patients who are malnourished
• Proven inflammatory bowel disease
Storage and Directions for use
• Store unopened at room temperature.
• Ready for use. Open immediately prior to use.
• Shake well before use.
• Best served chilled unless bolus feeding is indicated, in which case the product should be administered at room temperature.
• May also be served as warm drinks. Do not boil.
• Ensure Plus range bottles will attach to all Abbott Nutrition giving sets.
• Once opened, unused product should be resealed and stored in a refrigerator. Unused contents should be discarded after 24 hours.
• Date and time of opening can be recorded on the lid sticker.
• In patients receiving some medications there may be a risk of drug nutrient interactions. Careful prescribing and monitoring practices will serve to reduce the risk (please refer to pharmacist).
• Do not make any additions to the feed without consulting your pharmacist or dietitian.
• Many nutritional products contain sucrose and other sugars. It is important for patients who are taking supplements as sip feeds to observe good oral hygiene. It is suggested that patients consult with their dentist for further advice.
• When feeding to patients with dysphagia, please thicken the product as appropriate.
• Not for parenteral (intravenous) use.
• Do not use in children under 1 year of age. Use with caution in children under 6 years of age.
• Not for use in galactosaemia.
• Suitable for people with diabetes provided that routine glucose checks are performed.
Water, maltodextrin, corn syrup, sucrose, milk protein isolate, canola oil, calcium and sodium caseinates (milk protein), corn oil, soy protein isolate, flavouring, sodium citrate, potassium citrate, stabilisers: E460, E466, E418, emulsifier: E322 (soy lecithin), magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, magnesium phosphate, tricalcium phosphate, choline chloride, vitamin C, potassium phosphate, ferrous sulphate, zinc sulphate, vitamin E, niacin, citric acid, manganese sulphate, calcium pantothenate, copper sulphate, vitamin B6, thiamin (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin A, beta-carotene, folic acid, sodium molybdate, potassium iodide, chromium chloride, sodium selenate, vitamin K, biotin, vitamin D, vitamin B12
Note: All information based on vanilla flavour. Some minor differences exist between flavours.