Salmon Fillets with Watercress Sauce Recipe – Fortisip Neutral
- 2 medium size salmon fillets
- 1 lemon – juice of
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 85g / 3oz watercress – chopped finely
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 (200ml) bottle Neutral Fortisip
- 200ml / 7fl oz crème fraîche
- Watercress sprig and lime slices
- to serve (optional)
Method / Preparation
- Wrap salmon fillets loosely in lightly oiled baking foil. Season with lemon juice and black pepper. Oven bake at 190ºC / 375ºF / Gas mark 5 for 10 to 12 minutes until lightly cooked.
- To prepare watercress sauce, gently simmer crème fraîche, watercress and the stock cube for two to three minutes.
- Blend cornflour with a little Fortisip to make a smooth paste. Blend in remaining Fortisip, then add to watercress mixture.
- Bring to simmering point, stir constantly until thickened. Remove immediately from heat.
- Place salmon fillets onto a serving plate and pour over watercress sauce. To serve, garnish with sprigs of watercress and lime.
For an extra 70kcal per portion, add 30ml Calogen to the sauce.