Fruit Scones Recipe – Fortisip Compact Vanilla
- 1 (125ml) bottle Vanilla Fortisip Compact
- 250g / 6oz self-raising flour
- 30g butter at room temperature
- 30g mixed dried fruit
- 15g caster sugar
- ½ eggbeaten
Method / Preparation
- Sieve the flour into a bowl and sprinkle in the sugar. Rub the butter in lightly until the mixture looks crumbly.
- Add the dried fruit. Pour in the beaten egg and Fortisip Compact and mix to a dough. Allow to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn the dough out on to a lightly floured working surface. Roll it out to approx 2½ cm / 1in thick and cut out scones using a cutter.
- Place the scones on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 220ºC / 425ºF / Gas mark 7 for approx 10 minutes, or until they are well risen and golden brown. These scones are delicious served warm with butter or cream and jam.
For a little variety, try adding chopped glacé cherries or blueberries in place of the dried fruit. Any left over scones will freeze perfectly well.
470kcal and 10g protein if served with butter and jam.