- Paediasure Plus Banana (200ml)
- Additional Information
• Presented in 200 ml (302 kcal) tetrapaks.
• Available in vanilla, banana and strawberry flavours. NB There is a separate datasheet for PaediaSure Plus tube feed.
Food for Special Medical Purposes, for use under medical supervision. Suitable as a nutritional supplement or as a sole source of nutrition for patients who cannot or will not eat sufficient quantities of everyday food and drink to meet their nutritional requirements.
Nutritionally complete for vitamins and minerals in 619 ml for children aged 1-3 years, 667 ml for children aged 4-6 years and 833 ml for children aged 7-10 years (excluding electrolytes, calculated using the UK Reference Nutrient Intake for these age bands).
Can be prescribed on a FP10 for the following indications in children weighing 8-30 kg:
• Disease-related malnutrition
• Short bowel syndrome
• Bowel fistulae
• Intractable malabsorption
• Pre-operative preparation of patients who are malnourished
Storage and Directions for use
• Store unopened at room temperature.
• Ready for use. Open immediately prior to use.
• Shake well before use.
• Best served chilled unless bolus feeding is indicated, in which case the product should be administered at room temperature.
• May also be served as warm drinks. Do not boil.
• Once opened, unused product should be covered and stored in a refrigerator. Unused contents should be discarded after 24 hours.
• In patients receiving some medications there may be a risk of drug nutrient interactions (e.g. warfarin and vitamin K). Careful prescribing and monitoring practices will serve to reduce the risk (please refer to pharmacist).
• Do not make any additions to the feed without consulting your pharmacist or dietitian.
• Many nutritional products contain sucrose and other sugars. It is important for patients who are taking supplements as sip feeds to observe good oral hygiene. It is suggested that patients consult with their dentist for further advice.
• When feeding to patients with dysphagia, please thicken the product as appropriate.
• Not for parenteral (intravenous) use.
• Do not use in children under 1 year of age.
• Not for use in galactosaemia.
• Suitable for people with diabetes provided that routine glucose checks are performed.
Water, maltodextrin, sucrose, sodium and calcium caseinates (milk protein), high oleic sunflower oil, soy oil, medium chain triglyceride (MCT) vegetable oil, whey protein concentrate (milk protein), flavour- ing, magnesium chloride, tricalcium phosphate, emulsifiers: E322 (soy lecithin), E471, potassium citrate, potassium phosphate dibasic, choline bitartrate, potassium chloride, sodium citrate, vitamin C, m-inositol, thickener: E415, taurine, ferrous sulphate, zinc sulphate, L-carnitine, citric acid, vitamin E, niacin, calcium pantothenate, copper sulphate, vitamin A, manganese sulphate, riboflavin (vitamin B2), thiamin (vitamin B1), vitamin B6, sodium fluoride, vitamin D, folic acid, potassium iodide, sodium molybdate, chromium chloride, sodium selenite, biotin, vitamin K, vitamin B12.