- Infatrini (125ml)
- Other Information
Infatrini is a Food for Special Medical Purposes for use under medical supervision. Infatrini is a nutritionally complete, energy dense, ready to use feed for the dietary management of infants (from birth up to 18 months or 8kg in body weight) with faltering growth, or who have increased nutritional requirements and/or require fluid restriction. Infatrini is suitable as a sole source of nutrition and contains prebiotics, nucleotides and a unique fat blend that contains LCPs.
Infatrini does not contain any non-vegetarian ingredients but may not be suitable for all vegetarians due to the processing of some ingredients, and because it contains LCPs from fish oil. Regarding its suitability for Halal diets, there are no ‘forbidden’ ingredients in Infatrini but the manufacturing process has not had official Halal certification. Infatrini is not suitable for vegans as it contains milk and other non-vegan ingredients.
INFATRINI IS GLUTEN FREE.
• Not for intravenous use.
• Not suitable for infants with galactosaemia, lactose intolerance and/or cows’ milk protein allergy.
For enteral use only. ACBS approved, prescribable on form FP10 (GP10 in Scotland) for the following indications:
• Disease-related malnutrition
• Growth Failure in infancy and malabsorption.
Demineralised water, maltodextrin, vegetable oils (contains soy lecithin), skimmed milk powder, lactose (from milk), whey protein concentrate (from milk), dietary fibre (galacto-oligosaccharides (from milk sugar), poly fructose), tricalcium di citrate, fish oil, tri-potassium citrate, sodium L-ascorbate, potassium chloride, potassium hydroxide, choline chloride, magnesium carbonate, sodium chloride, taurine, ferrous lactate, inositol, b carotene, DL-a tocopheryl acetate, zinc sulphate, L-carnitine, retinyl acetate, cytidine 5’-monophosphate, adenosine 5’-monophosphate, cholecalciferol, uridine 5’-monophosphate disodium salt, inosine 5’-monophosphate, nicotinamide, calcium D-pantothenate, copper gluconate, cyanocobalamin, guanosine 5’-monophosphate disodium salt, manganese sulphate, thiamin hydrochloride, D-biotin, potassium iodide, pteroylmonoglutamic acid, riboflavin, phytomenadione, pyridoxine hydrochloride, sodium selenite.
Directions for Use
• On glass bottles check safety button is firmly in the down position.
• Shake well before opening immediately prior to use.
• Wash hands before handling the feed and use sterile feeding equipment.
Bottle and Cup Feeding
• Infatrini is ready for use at room temperature.
• If preferred it may be warmed by immersing the unopened bottles in warm water.
• Test the temperature before feeding.
• Infatrini should be used at room temperature.
• Before opening, clean bottle top and shoulders with an alcohol swab.
• The glass bottle can be attached directly to a Flocare Universal Giving Set.
• Alternatively, feed can be decanted into a sterile reservoir, taking care to handle aseptically at all times. Maximum hanging time is 4 hours.
• Flexible Packs can be attached directly to a Flocare Pack giving set; maximum hanging time is 24 hours.
• Store in a cool, dry place (5-25°C) and away from direct sunlight.
• Once opened Infatrini bottles should be stored in a refrigerator (<4°C) immediately and unused contents should be discarded within 12 hours.
• If kept outside the fridge unused contents should be discarded within 4 hours or within 1 hour if fed directly from the glass bottle.
• Always discard unfinished feeds. For flexible Pack use within 24 hours once attached to giving set.
• Glass bottle: 9 months;
• Plastic bottle: 9 months;
• Pack: 9 months;
• Best before date: see individual Packaging;