Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe – Fortisip Multi Fibre Tomato / Fortisip Neutral
- 50ml / 2 fl oz olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp chopped mixed herbs
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- 200g spaghetti (uncooked weight)
- 200g / ¼ lb beef mince
- 200g / ½ tin chopped plum tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- Grated parmesan cheese – to serve
- 1 (200ml) Tomato Fortisip Multi Fibre or Neutral Fortisip
Method / Preparation
- Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan, fry the onion and garlic until softened.
- Add the beef and fry until lightly browned.
- Stir in the tomato purée, mixed herbs and chopped tomatoes. Cook for 1 hour on a very low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Fortisip. Return to heat and reheat to serving temperature.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Serve immediately with the Bolognese sauce and freshly grated parmesan cheese on top.
For a very quick and easy Spaghetti Bolognese, this recipe can be made with ready-to-use pasta sauce. Simply heat the Bolognese sauce as per instructions on the jar. Once heated, stir in Tomato Fortisip Multi Fibre and heat to serving temperature.
For an extra 70kcal per portion, add 30ml Calogen to the sauce.