Pancakes – Fortini Vanilla
- 180g (6oz) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 200ml (61⁄2 fl oz) vanilla flavour FORTINI
- 30g (1oz) caster sugar
- >oil for greasing non-stick frying pan or griddle
- 1 large egg
Method / Preperation
- Sift flour, baking powder and caster sugar into a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and add the egg, oil and half the FORTINI
- Beat to a smooth batter, then add the remaining FORTINI.
- Heat the griddle or frying pan until hot and drop a tablespoon of batter onto the surface, leaving room for the batter to spread.
- When bubbles start rising to the surface, turn over with a pallet knife and cook the other side until browned.
- Once cooked, put in a clean tea towel to keep them soft and serve with butter or spread.
- You can add honey, golden syrup or jam if wished. Suitable for freezing and warming in a microwave. Makes 18 pancakes