Pancake panache weaning recipe – Infatrini
- 50g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 medium egg
- 150ml Infatrini®
- 25g butter
Method / Preparation
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl.
- Make a well in the middle and add the eggs. Using a balloon whisk, mix the flour with the egg.
- Gradually whisk in the formula to form a smooth batter. If mix is a little thick add more Infatrini®.
- In a small hot frying pan (6-7inch/15-18cm) melt some of the butter.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the batter mix and swirl around the pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the batter mix and swirl around the pan.
- Cook for 1 minute approximately and turn, then cook until the underside is slightly golden.
- Repeat until all batter is used. Can be served hot or cold with savoury or sweet fillings.
- RECIPE CONTRIBUTED BY: Deborah Griffin, Senior Paediatric Dietitian, Waterford Regional Hospital
- Makes 6 large / 12 small pancakes approx