Fruit Scones Recipe – Fortisip / Fortisip Multi Fibre Vanilla
- 1 (200ml) bottle Vanilla Fortisip / Fortisip Multi Fibre
- 275g / 9oz self-raising flour
- 50g butter at room temperature
- 50g mixed dried fruit
- 25g caster sugar
- 1 egg – beaten
Method / Preparation
- Sieve the flour into a bowl and sprinkle in the sugar.
- Rub the butter in lightly until the mixture looks crumbly.
- Add the dried fruit. Pour in the beaten egg and Fortisip and mix to a dough. Allow to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn the dough out on to a lightly floured working surface. Roll it out to approx 2½ cm / 1in thick and cut out scones using a cutter.
- Place the scones on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 220ºC / 425ºF / Gas mark 7 for approx 10 minutes, or until they are well risen and golden brown. These scones are delicious served warm with butter or cream and jam.
For a little variety, try adding chopped glacé cherries or blueberries in place of the dried fruit. Any left over scones will freeze perfectly well.
325kcal and 5.5g protein if served with butter and jam.
- Makes 8 scones