Drop Scones Recipe – Fortisip / Fortisip Multi Fibre / Fortisip Compact Chocolate or Vanilla
- 225g / 8oz self-raising flour
- 50g / 2oz raisins
- 25g / 1oz caster sugar
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 medium egg
- 25g / 1oz coco powder for chocolate Drop Scones
- 200ml Chocolate or Vanilla Fortisip / Fortisip Multi Fibre / Fortisip Compact
- To ServeTop each Drop Scone with 1 tbsp maple syrup and 1 dsp of natural yoghurt or cream.
Method / Preparation
- Place all dry ingredients into a medium sized bowl; gradually beat in liquid ingredients to make a stiff batter.
- Heat ½ the vegetable oil in a non-stick pan.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto the heated pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Re-oil pan between batches.
- Serve drizzled with maple syrup and natural yoghurt or cream.
- Drop scones can be made with Vanilla or Chocolate Fortisip.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup and a spoonful of natural yoghurt for a delicious treat.
- Once made, the Drop Scones should be stored in an airtight container. Then reheat in the microwave for a few seconds before serving.
- Serves 4
- 450kcal and 13.5g protein per serving when made with Fortisip Compact.
- Increase by 120kcal if served with maple syrup and cream