Creamy rice pudding with fruit weaning recipe – Infatrini
- Infatrini ® 600ml (3 bottles)
- ½ cup rice (risotto or pudding) (50g or 3 rounded tbsp)
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- small grating of nutmeg (optional – add after cooking)
- Tinned peaches pears apricots or pitted prunes – puréed
Method / Preparation
- In a heavy, medium sized saucepan combine the Infatrini ®, rice and sugar (sultanas optional – would be suitable for stage 2).
- Stir frequently over a medium heat, until the liquid is absorbed.
- Reduce to a simmer, stirring constantly, until the rice is tender, creamy and beginning to thicken, approx 20 minutes.
- Pudding will thicken more as it cools, can add extra Infatrini ® at the end if required.
- Divide between 4 dessert cups and sprinkle with grated nutmeg (if liked).
- Serve with puréed peach, apricots, pear or prunes.
- Combine Infatrini ®, rice and sugar in a casserole and bake at 160 to180ºC for 1 hour approximately, checking consistency and colour.
- Pudding will develop golden skin.
- RECIPE CONTRIBUTED BY: Christine McCabe, Chief Paediatric Dietitian, Royal Belfast Hospital for Sick Children
- Makes 4 servings.
Alternatively (easy cook option)