Cheeky chicken risotto weaning recipe – Infatrini
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 1 medium chicken breast (chopped finely)
- Knob of butter
- 1 cup grated vegetables e.g. pumpkin/ courgette/ mashed peas/ chopped broccoli
- 1½ cups Arborio (risotto) rice
- 3 cups hot water
- 100ml Infatrini®
- 2 tbsp cheese
Method / Preparation
- Lightly fry the onion and chicken in butter.
- Add rice until coated in butter and cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Stir in vegetables and add the hot water gradually.
- Reduce the heat and cook for approx 20 minutes until rice has softened and the water is absorbed.
- Stir in the Infatrini® and cheese.
- RECIPE CONTRIBUTED BY: Janine Dolan, Paediatric Dietitian, Royal Belfast Hospital for Sick Children
- Makes 4 servings.