Fresubin Energy Lemon (4 x 200ml)
Free DeliveryOn Single Purchase Orders Over £79.95, or on all Plan & Save Orders.
Next Day DeliveryStandard on all Orders over £79.95. Delivery Charge £3.95 (where applicable)
- 5 YEARS +
- 11.2 / 200ml
- 300 / 200ml
- 37.6 / 200ml
Fresubin Energy Lemon ( 4 x 200ml)
A flavoured liquid consisting of protein (milk), carbohydrate (maltodextrin and sucrose), vegetable oils (soya, MCT, sunflower and linseed oils), minerals, vitamins and trace elements.
- Not for parenteral use.
- Not suitable where enteral nutritions is not permitted.
- Not suitable for infants under one year of age.
- Should only be used under medical supervision.
- Use with caution in children under 5 years of age.
Indications for use
- Fresubin® energy drink is suitable as a nutritional supplement or as a sole source of nutrition for patients at risk of malnutrition.
- Fresubin® energy drink is prescribable on FP10/GP10 for the following indications: short bowel syndrome, intractable malabsorption, pre-operative preparation of patients who are undernourished, patients with proven inflammatory bowel disease, following total gastrectomy, dysphagia, bowel fistulae, disease related malnutrition.
Dosage should be calculated by a clinician or dietitian according to individual requirements. As a guide:
- For supplementary nutrition:
3 x 200ml bottles per day will provide 900kcal, 34g protein and contains the average adult daily requirements for vitamins and trace elements.
- For complete nutrition:
7 x 200ml bottles per day will provide 2100kcal and 79g protein.
When prescribed in the community the maximum dosage should not exceed 7 x 200ml bottles (79g protein) per day.
- Store in a cool place, do not store above 25°C.
- Once opened, can be stored for up to 24 hours in a refrigerator.
NOT FOR PARENTERAL USE
NOT SUITABLE WHERE ENTERAL NUTRITION IS NOT PERMITTED
NOT SUITABLE FOR INFANTS UNDER ONE YEAR OF AGE
SHOULD ONLY BE USED UNDER MEDICAL SUPERVISION
NOT SUITABLE AS A SOLE SOURCE OF NUTRITION FOR CHILDREN UNDER 5 YEARS OF AGE
Indications for use
Fresubin energy is intended for the dietary management of patients at risk of malnutrition with high energy requirements and/or fluid restriction.
Fresubin energy is prescribable on FP10/GP10 for the following indications:
• short bowel syndrome
• intractable malabsorption
• pre- operative preparation of patients who are undernourished
• patients with proven inflammatory bowel disease
• following total gastrectomy
• bowel fistulae
• disease related malnutrition
Dosage should be calculated by a clinician or dietitian according to individual requirements.
As a guide, for complete nutrition 1500ml Fresubin energy provides 2250kcal and 84g protein and meets the average adult recommended daily requirements for vitamins, minerals and trace-elements.
When commencing tube feeding, it is recommended that the full dosage of Fresubin energy is introduced gradually over 2 – 3 days.
Store in a cool place, do not store above 25°C.
Once opened, can be stored for up to 24 hours in a refrigerator.
Bottle: 18 months from date of manufacture.
EasyBag: 12 months from date of manufacture.
Water, maltodextrin, milk protein, vegetable oils, acidity regulators (E 332, E 170, E 530), potassium chloride, fish oil (with soya lecithin), calcium phosphate, sodium citrate, magnesium chloride, emulsifiers (soya lecithin, E 471), choline hydrogen tartrate, vit. C, iron sulphate, zinc sulphate, vit. E, niacin, manganese chloride, pantothenic acid, sodium fluoride, copper sulphate, vit. B2, vit. B6, vit. B1, vit. A (with fish gelatine), ß-carotene, folic acid, chromium chloride, sodium selenite, sodium molybdate, potassium iodide, vit. K1, biotin, vit. D3, vit. B12.