- Additional Information
2g protein and 100 calories in a 30ml 'shot'
This easy to use supplement can be taken like a medicine or 'shot' and is therefore simple to administer and can check compliance as the patient can consume the prescribed amount quickly.
In an acceptability trial conducted at the Freeman Hospital in Newcastle the patients felt the main benefit of the product was the low volume dose as it was quick to take and the nurses found it was simple to administer and monitor intake.
Available in single 250ml bottles
Pro-Cal shot is a liquid, neutral tasting, creamy-white, high calorie emulsion providing protein, fat and carbohydrate from vegetable oil, skimmed milk powder, lactose and sodium caseinate.
Indications:Procal shot is for use in the dietary management of malnutrition and malabsorption.
Administration and Dosage:
Procal shot can be taken in a small dose like a medicine or combined with food and drink. Procal shot can taken in 30ml or 60ml doses. Dosage should be determined by the clinician or dietitian and is dependent on the age, body weight and medical condition of the patient. Shake well before use.
Shelf life and Storage:
- Before opening: store between 5C and 25C.
- Once opened: keep refrigerated for up to 5 days or at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Always replace the lid after use.
- Must only be used under strict medical supervision
- Not recommended for children under 12 months of age
- Not for use as a sole source of nutrition
- Not for intravenous use
- Not suitable for people with a lactulose or milk protein intolerance
- Contains milk, milk products and Soya Lecithin