- Ensure TwoCal Strawberry (200ml)
- Additional Information
• Presented in 200 ml (400 kcal) bottles.
• Available in banana, neutral, strawberry and vanilla flavours.
Food for Special Medical Purposes, for use under medical supervision. Suitable as a nutritional supplement or as a sole source of nutrition for patients who cannot or will not eat sufficient quantities of everyday food and drink to meet their nutritional requirements.
Nutritionally complete for vitamins and minerals in 1000 ml (excluding electrolytes, calculated using the UK Reference Nutrient Intake for men aged 19-50 years).
• Disease-related malnutrition
• Total gastrectomy
• Short bowel syndrome
• Bowel fistulae
• Intractable malabsorption
• Pre-operative preparation of patients who are malnourished
• Proven inflammatory bowel disease
Storage and Directions for use
• Store unopened at room temperature.
• Ready for use. Open immediately prior to use.
• Shake well before use.
• Best served chilled unless bolus feeding is indicated, in which case the product should be administered at room temperature.
• May also be served as warm drinks. Do not boil. • Ensure Plus range bottles will attach to all Abbott Nutrition giving sets.
• Once opened, unused product should be resealed and stored in a refrigerator. Unused contents should be discarded after 24 hours.
• Date and time of opening can be recorded on the lid sticker.
Directions for Tube Feeding
• Ready for use.
• Administer at room temperature for tube feeding.
• The volume/flow rate should be adjusted to meet the patient’s nutritional needs and tolerance. This product has a low viscosity
and will pass down a fine nasogastric tube.
• A Flexitainer enteral nutrition container may be used if decanting is necessary.
• For gravity feeding, the use of a Flexiflo gravity gavage set is recommended.
• An Abbott enteral feeding pump may be used in conjunction with the Abbott enteral feeding system where a more accurately controlled delivery of feed is indicated. An ambulatory system is available for use with the Companion ClearStar pump.
• In patients receiving some medications there may be a risk of drug nutrient interactions (e.g. warfarin and vitamin K). Careful prescribing and monitoring practices will serve to reduce the risk (please refer to pharmacist).
• Do not make any additions to the feed without consulting your pharmacist or dietitian.
• Many nutritional products contain sucrose and other sugars. It is important for patients who are taking supplements as sip feeds to observe good oral hygiene. It is suggested that patients consult with their dentist for further advice.
• When feeding to patients with dysphagia, please thicken the product as appropriate.
• Not for parenteral (intravenous) use.
• Do not use in children under 1 year of age. Use with caution in children under 6 years of age.
• Not for use in galactosaemia.
• Suitable for people with diabetes provided that routine glucose checks are performed.
Water, corn syrup, maltodextrin, milk protein isolate, high oleic sunflower oil, sucrose, soy oil, sodium caseinate (milk protein), fructooligosaccharides, canola oil, magnesium chloride, emulsifier: E322 (soy lecithin), flavouring, sodium citrate, potassium citrate, potassium phosphate dibasic, magnesium sulphate, choline chloride, calcium carbonate, vitamin C, potassium chloride, taurine, L- carnitine, ferrous sulphate, zinc sulphate, citric acid, niacin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulphate, copper sulphate, vitamin B6, thiamin (vitamin B1 ), riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin A palmitate, folic acid, sodium molybdate, chromium chloride, sodium selenate, potassium iodide, biotin, vitamin K, vitamin D, vitamin B12.
Note: all information based on vanilla flavour. Some minor differ- ences exist between flavours.