- Ensure Plus Yoghurt Strawberry Swirl (200ml)
- Additional Information
• Presented in 220 ml (330 kcal) bottles.
• Available in Orange Burst, Orchard Peach, Pineapple Twist and Strawberry Swirl flavours.
Food for Special Medical Purposes, for use under medical supervision. Suitable as a nutritional supplement or as a sole source of nutrition for patients who cannot or will not eat sufficient quantities of everyday food and drink to meet their nutritional requirements.
Nutritionally complete for vitamins and minerals in 1000 ml (excluding electrolytes, calculated using the UK Reference Nutrient Intake for men aged 19-50 years).
• Disease-related malnutrition
• Total gastrectomy
• Short bowel syndrome
• Bowel fistulae
• Intractable malabsorption
• Pre-operative preparation of patients who are malnourished
• Proven inflammatory bowel disease
Storage and Directions for use
• Store unopened at room temperature.
• Ready for use. Open immediately prior to use.
• Shake well before use.
• Best served chilled unless bolus feeding is indicated, in which case the product should be administered at room temperature.
• May also be served as warm drinks. Do not boil. • Ensure Plus range bottles will attach to all Abbott Nutrition giving sets.
• Once opened, unused product should be resealed and stored in a refrigerator. Unused contents should be discarded after 24 hours.
• In patients receiving some medications there may be a risk of drug nutrient interactions (e.g. warfarin and vitamin K). Careful prescribing and monitoring practices will serve to reduce the risk (please refer to pharmacist).
• Do not make any additions to the feed without consulting your pharmacist or dietitian.
• Many nutritional products contain sucrose and other sugars. It is important for patients who are taking supplements as sip feeds to observe good oral hygiene. It is suggested that patients consult with their dentist for further advice.
• When feeding to patients with dysphagia, please thicken the product as appropriate.
• Not for parenteral (intravenous) use.
• Do not use in children under 1 year of age. Use with caution in children under 5 years of age.
• Not for use in galactosaemia.
• Suitable for people with diabetes provided that routine glucose checks are performed.
Water, sucrose, maltodextrin, milk protein isolate, high oleic sunflower oil, acidity regulators: E507, E330, E270, E296, whey protein concentrate (milk protein), canola oil, corn oil, stabiliser: E440, potassium citrate, sodium citrate, flavourings, emulsifier: E322 (soy lecithin), magnesium phosphate dibasic, choline chloride, tricalcium phosphate, vitamin C, magnesium chloride, sodium chloride, ferrous sulphate, antioxidants : E304, E306, zinc sulphate, colour: E120, calcium pantothenate, vitamin E (contains soy), niacin, manganese sulphate, copper sulphate, thiamin (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin B6, vitamin A, beta carotene, folic acid, sodium molybdate, potassium iodide, sodium selenate, chromium chloride, vitamin K, biotin, vitamin D.
Note: all information based on Strawberry Swirl flavour. Some minor differences exist between flavours.